Monday, April 12, 2010

At least I didn't kill us.

"Yeah, that's generally a positive thing." Was the response I got from my driving partner. I had my first driving session of driver's training today and it went kind of okay. Yesterday my Dad took me to a local cemetery to try driving for the first time and it was a disaster. He makes me incredibly nervous. Every time I made the tiniest mistake he'd start yelling. So when we got home I felt stupid and cried appropriately. Driving with an instructor is much easier and less creepy than driving past graves. Ya digg?

My driving partner is a guy named Mike. He's a Junior from another high school around here. I drove first and proved that I was a noob. Then he got behind the wheel and drove perfectly. An awkward conversation took place in the front while I texted in the back.

Instructor: "You've obviously done this before. Who takes you driving?"
Mike: "I usually just drive myself around."
Instructor: "....when I go up north I let my ten-year-old son drive on my lap."

Bravo. It was pretty funny. Mike is kind of "gangster" but he seems nice. We both got to sit on a stupid yellow bench while waiting for our parents to pick us up. We made fun of this man walking down the street while using a Bluetooth ear piece. Good times. Goooood times.

No comments:

Post a Comment