Tuesday, August 17, 2010

From August 9th, 2010.

I am currently sitting in my bunk, cooling off peacefully. other than the high pitch squeal of the dehumidifier and the tiny but constant fear of the upper bunk falling on top of me, I feel great. The trio has pretty much ignored me so far. Every once and I while I miss one of them but goo times, which are frequent, with Emily and Gabby wash them away.

Marching basics this morning sucked but were fun at the same time. It's nice to know what I'm doing. Being at camp makes me remember things that I wouldn't at home. When I think of band camp when I'm not AT camp I always remember the obvious things. Practice, ugh. Food, ugh. The things I forget are that after practice I'm tired and sweaty but I also feel accomplished. And the food is the kind of food that I want after being on the field for three hours. Heavy and solid. When I'm starving from working my ass of, I NEED food. Any food.

Last night's adoptions were hilarious. Gabby was betrothed to "CJ". Emily is now married to Conor. I'm in a very untraditional threesome with the lovely Arianna and the adorable Kelsey. My child's name is Maddy. She's a clarinet. I think she's scared of me but that's okay. She'll learn.

I hate sweating. I hate sleeping bags and I hate Jesus Freaks but I love band camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment